Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Menu Plans Past and Present

Well! Are you ready? The winner of last week's Menu Plan Suggestion Showdown was...

Ellen! Her suggestion for French Dip sandwiches went over very well. She even sent me the recipe, and it was really easy and really good! With her permission, I will post it soon.

And by the by, reading over your suggestions made me drool! Especially my mom's plan--I think I want to go live with her again. The cook at my house is too predictable and boring.

So here's last week's plan, followed by this week's. Thanks for playing along!

Monday
Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Tuesday
Brinner
Fried potatoes
Sausage
Scrambled eggs and cheese

Wednesday
French Dip sandwiches
Salad

Thursday
Hamburgers
Oven Fries
Roasted Corn on the Cob

Friday
Fried Chicken (remind me to post about this sometime--it was really good. Thanks, Paula Deen)
Cheesy potato casserole
Asian Broccoli Slaw

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Burgers (again--but yummmm) at one of our favorite local restaurants. They're running a special for April--every burger, topped with whatever you want (I got cheddar, bacon, sauteed peppers, sauteed onions, and grilled tomatoes. Abe got pepper jack, bleu cheese, olives, and bacon--weirdo.) is $5.99. And kids eat free! It doesn't get much better than that.

This week:
Monday
Honey and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Rice Pilaf with peas

Tuesday
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

Wednesday
Pork Tenderloin with fruity glaze
Salad

Thursday
Cuban Sandwiches
Yellow Rice
Black Beans

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Ballpark food when we go watch the Detroit Tigers play the Angels. Bring on the brats and nachos!

Sunday
Probably Subway

No comments: