Monday, April 14, 2008

Menu Plan...Blah, blah, blah...

Okay. I have far too many part-time, on-the-side projects going on right now, and no time to do them in. My deadlines have passed, and I'm overwhelmed. And the last thing my mind wants to do is create a menu plan for this week--I'd really rather the Dinner Fairy showed up at my house every night with something delicious to eat. Since I haven't heard from her in years, I'll settle for some suggestions: what are YOU having for dinner this week? If you have a whole plan, super! I'd love to see it in a comment. Even if you don't have a whole plan, one or two things that you plan to eat this week might make for a helpful suggestion for me and mine.

Next week, I'll post what we ended up eating this week, accompanied by whose suggestion the various meals were. And for the person who suggests the meal my family ends up loving the most, I've got a special prize!

So please plan my week for me!!!! Hope to see some comments soon.

(No, seriously, I need your help....soon.)

7 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

This is not a shining week for me, but here's what we're eating:
Mon: Brocoli/Chicken Stir fry
Tues: Chicken/Rice casserole
Wed: Pan fried hamburgers with fried potatoes
Thurs: Pizza
Fri: Still figuring it out...
Sat: take-out
Sun: Family potluck

Anonymous said...

Monday - I don't know, but I'd better figure out quick
Tuesday - apple & sweet potato stuffed pork with green beans
Wednesday - chicken apple sausage with mashed potatoes, stuffing and broccoli
Thursday - chicken, california mix veggies - cooked in the pan with chicken broth and garlic - and brown rice pilaf
Friday - Shepherds pie
Saturday - garlic butter shrimp and jasmine rice

Ellen said...

tonight: chicken benchiladas
another night: french dip sandwiches

i'll email you the recipes!

Donna Koehn said...

Monday-Inside-out Chicken Pot Pie, coleslaw
Tuesday-Salmon Patties with Yogurt Dill Sauce, Asparagus
Wednesday-Beef Stew, Double-corn cornbread, applesauce
Thursday-Spinach Salad w/ Sliced Chicken Breast & Warm Bacon Sweet-Sour Dressing, French rolls
Friday-Chicken lo mein, cranberry relish, Double fudge bread pudding w/ ice cream
Saturday-Smorgasbord
Sunday-Ham steaks, Red Potato & Green bean saute, Tossed Salad (lunch) Homemade Pizza (dinner)

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I had no idea there was a menu plan fairy! WHY hasn't she visited me, like, ever? :P Generally, without a plan, everything around here hops in a handbaskey on the fast track...so, here's what we've got going on this week:

monday: creamy pesto chicken and penne
tuesday: double decker tacos with guacamole and refried beans
wednesday: zen's delicious clam risotto (but with cockles instead)
thursday and friday and saturday, in no particular order:
broccoli stuffed chicken breasts
homemade pizzas
val's english muffin bread sandwiches or eggs benedict

we also have some veggies to use, sugar snap peas and green bean bundles will be making an appearance at some point. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I forgot to put down the chicken and veggie stir fry, too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so am I the only one who flies by the seat of her pants and just makes up meals each afternoon based on what's in the pantry, freezer and fridge?? I doubt there will ever be a day when I am prepared enough to actually plan a whole week's worth of meals and then specifically shop for them. How you do it week after week after week just absolutely astonishes me, Cori. Quite honestly, I may have to stop checking your food blog, because it simply stresses me out. :-)