Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chicken Verde

Okay, I'm not going to re-type this recipe--I'm just going to give you the link to its blog of origin. Again. I linked to this recipe in my weekly menu plan this week, and we ate it tonight. Sweet fancy Moses, it was good. I mean, really, really good. The only change I made to Canarygirl's recipe was to sub a 16-oz. jar of medium-heat salsa verde for the tomatillo sauce--though, for all I know, they may very well be the same thing. And in the burritos, we used black beans instead of refried. And instead of a whole chicken, I just used a bunch of thighs and legs--dark meat is cheaper and more moist, and turns out so much better after long periods of cooking, as in this recipe. And, oh. Cilantro. We love cilantro, so I put lots of fresh cilantro on mine, and hummina hummina hummina.

So, just to reiterate, WOW. This was good. I will make it again. And again, and again, and again...

Chicken Verde. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heee! Hummina Hummina Hummina! I love Eddie Murphy. I'm so glad you liked the recipe! It's one of my very favorites. I'm talking like on the sparkly list and everything. :)

Jasmine said...

I'll follow your recipe to the last detail and hopefully i can have it done perfectly. 'll try it and share with my family.