Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It's still Monday, even though it's 9:30 pm and one of this week's meals is already in the bag, so to speak. Weird week ahead--I've chosen a menu that will hopefully provide many leftovers so that after I have my knee surgery on Friday, we'll have some food left to sustain us until my mom arrives on Tuesday evening to feed us. So if it looks like I'm cooking for an army, that's why.

Monday (dinner elsewhere)
Broccoli Rice casserole
(And some very tasty pork steaks smothered in a rich rosemary and mushroom cream sauce. Thanks, Beth!)

Tuesday
Shepherd's Pie

Wednesday
BBQ Western Pork Ribs
Baked Mac n Cheese
Corn Dish

Thursday
Chicken Tetrazzini
Salad

Friday
Taco Soup
Rice
(and fritos and cheese for garnish)

Saturday
Leftovers/Sandwiches

Sunday
Takeout/Leftovers

Monday, next
good question

Tuesday
hope Mom gets here soon

Come to think of it, there's nary a mess tent to be found here. Perhaps I need to cook a little bit more, just to have it on hand... Maybe I can toss a pot roast in there somewhere, with some roasted potatoes. Hmmmm.... or maybe some stew. Or a turkey.

No comments: