Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

...on Tuesday. A wonderful friend of mine gave us a gift card for maid service for after our baby was born. Today, I redeemed that gift card. How nice that things got clean in my absence! Alas, they do not de-clutter, so I spent most of yesterday just trying to get things to their rightful put-away places. Menu Plan Monday fell by the wayside.

I do have a plan, though. I have to--this weekend, we're hosting my brother, sister-in-law, and their son, and also my Mom and Dad. I've got to get my ducks in a row when I'm cooking for a crowd.

Monday
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Mac n Cheese
Broccoli Slaw

Tuesday
Turkey Tenderloin
Potatoes Au Gratin
Salad

Wednesday
Clean-out-the-fridge night

Thursday
Calzones

Friday
Breakfast: Hashbrown casserole, melon
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad
Dinner:Chicken Verde Burritos
Black Beans
Yellow Rice

Saturday
Breakfast: Sausage and Cheddar Quiche, Blueberries, Toast
Lunch: Sandwiches, Chips, Cookies, etc.
Dinner: Grill out-fest: Brats, Italian Sausage, Potato Salad, Baked Beans

Sunday
Breakfast: Bagels, Cereal, etc.
Lunch: Aglio e Olio w/ Chicken
Dinner: Pizza? Chinese? Some sort of takeout

1 comment:

Donna Koehn said...

Wow! We're in for a treat! I can hardly wait to get there. Will corn on the cob fit into the grill-fest menu? I love that I can look at your blog and start salivating immediately. You are such a good cook! See you Friday evening.