Sunday, July 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Another summer week, another menu plan with seasonal eats. I'm so happy to be cooking again! You'll notice that I'm using the grill a bunch lately--I just can't get enough of that smoky charcoal-fire char flavor. I've also taken to throwing a few chunks of mesquite on for some added yum. Ah, I love summer.

Here's the plan:

Monday
Southwestern Salad with fresh corn, cilantro, and black beans, with Salsa Ranch dressing
Cilantro Lime Rice

Tuesday
Grilled Pizzas:
Margherita (with this week's splurge, fresh mozzarella)
Pepperoni

Wednesday
Roast Beef Sandwiches (from the crock pot--I've got some beef in my freezer to use up before we get our next order. These will either be Italian or BBQ)
Roasted Green Beans
Caprese Salad (to use up the rest of the mozz. and our overabundance of basil in the garden)

Thursday (crowded grill day)
Grilled Chicken Pesto Flatbread Sandwiches (pesto recipe to come, and maybe a flatbread recipe, if all goes well)
Grill-fried Potatoes with fresh dill (done in perforated foil pan on the grill)
Grilled Zucchini

Friday
Crock Pot Western-Style Pork Ribs with homemade BBQ sauce
Corn Pudding
Watermelon
Salad

No comments: