Sunday, March 9, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

And we're back. I've got a little more vim this week. Also, I actually went grocery shopping, so now I don't have to obsess about how else I can use potatoes without causing my family to revolt. Or obsess about how I can disguise potatoes in my menu plan so you don't judge my single-mindedness. Potatoes are quite nutritious, see? (And cheap. And filling.)

Off of the top of my head, then (because I have--can you believe it?--options), here's what's on deck for this week:

Monday
General Tso's Chicken (homemade-ish, so hopefully healthier than Hunan Kitchen's version)
Steamed Rice
Stir-Fried Broccoli

Tuesday
Bronco Beans ('cause we worried about health yesterday)
Salad

Wednesday ('cause I've got a lot of singing to do this evening, so I need a quick-to-prepare dinner)
Hawaiian Ham Steaks
Pineapple-Almond Rice Pilaf

Thursday ('cause I made fresh pesto, and YUM)
Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad

Friday ('cause we need a little comfort)
Western-Style BBQ Pork Ribs
Baked Mac and Cheese
Steamed Green Beans

Saturday ('cause I need a day off)
Leftovers

Sunday ('cause who doesn't love a potluck?)
Choir Potluck Dinner--I'm taking BBQ Cola Meatballs

No comments: