Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan

Another week, another menu plan. I'm starting to get a bit busy at home--I'm almost 37 weeks along in my pregnancy, so in theory, this baby could come at any time. I'm feeling the need to prepare for this--cleaning and organizing, washing baby clothes, shopping for things like newborn diapers and such, and so on and so on. You might call it nesting. I call it clearing-the-clutter-to-make-room-for-the-chaos. In light of this, this week's menu is heavy on items that are easy for me to prepare. No apologies here! These are all yummy things that we love to eat. It should be a good--and hopefully productive--week.

Monday
Maple-Sesame Fried Rice
Pork Pot Stickers (from a box. I love homemade, but they definitely don't fit in with the easy-to-prepare theme this week)

Tuesday
Mockzagna
Salad

Wednesday
BLTs on Homemade Challah
Tomato Soup

Thursday
Honey Roasted Chicken
Roasted potatoes
Salad
Challah

Friday
Chicken Tetrazzini OR Chicken Enchiladas

Saturday
Vegetable Beef Soup

Sunday
Leftovers

What's on your menu this week? I'm always looking for new ideas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing the 500 calorie dinner challenge, so calorie counts are in parentheses. Here's what we are having this week:

Sunday: Mexicali Turkey Casserole (didn’t do it last week; Cooking Light; 330), Succotash (70), Salad

Monday: Herbed Potato Frittata (Cooking Light; 193), FiberOne Blueberry muffins (lower fat version; 140), fruit salad (99)

Tues: Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry (www.laaloosh.com; 233) w/ brown rice, Japanese Cucumber Salad (EatingWell; 46)

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thurs: BBQ Meatloaf (CL; 228), Smashed Red Potatoes (Weight Watchers; 120), Roasted Brussel Sprouts (80)

Friday: Crockpot Black Bean Soup (not sure yet)

Sat: Out for a birthday

Sunday: Leftovers

JP said...

Haha lazy Wednesdays and Sundays...

How are you? said...

My brothers girlfriend is expecting to give birth any day know too. I have a tip, cook on the week ends and store your food in the frezzer. So that your one week a head of cooking schedule. For more recipies go to foodnetwork. com, watch cooking channels.

Augustine said...

Bacon

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

Well, you are very organize.Every day I keep four things, 1. rice 2. vegetables 4. daal 5. chicken or fish. what I do is whenever any dish finishes, I made a new one from my recipe books.