Sunday, January 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, folks, here's this week's plan. We had a few carry-overs last week from some schedule changes, so you may recognize a few entries. Beware: upon further reflection on this week's menu plan, I realize that it is not in any way diet-friendly. I blame it on the baby's need for rich, heavy foods, so if you have a problem with it, take it up with my unborn child!

And, FYI: I'll let you, the reader, choose what recipes I post this week. Just leave a comment! If I get no comments, I'll know that it's time to spice up my menu plans.

Monday
Chicken and Bacon Corn Chowder

Tuesday
Tacos
Yellow Rice

Wednesday
Schultzie's Mess
(inspired by Guy Fieri's Food Network Show "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives." This artery-blocking delight can be found at Schooner or Later, a restaurant in Long Beach, California. The menu describes it like this: "This world famous, local tradition is a tasty blend of chopped ham, onion, and bell pepper grilled with hash browns and eggs. Topped with melted Cheddar cheese.")

Thursday
Maple-Sesame Bacon Fried Rice

Friday
Crunchy Chicken Fingers
Potato Wedges
Salad

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Who knows? But I'm taking homemade salsa and some BBQ Cola Smokies to a friend's house for the Super Bowl.

ALTERNATE:
Pork Steak was on sale last week, so that may find its way into the menu rotation. It would probably take the place of the Crunchy Chicken Fingers meal, and I'd just switch to baked potatoes instead of wedges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you looked at my menu planning it would go something like this: Monday--new food
Tuesday--new food
Wednesday-Monday's leftovers
Thursday-Tuesday's leftovers
Friday-Anything left over
Saturday-on your own
Sunday lunch-depends on what i feel like cooking or what's on sale at the grocery store
Sunday dinner-Pizza & salad

It's really simple that way, and with only 2 of us, it's easy cooking since I only know how to make food for a small third-world country. Your unborn child would appreciate the quantity. . .

Anonymous said...

how about the bbq cola smokies?