Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Posting Will Resume...I Promise!

Hello, all!

I have seen a few new visitors in the comment section, which is exciting! Hopefully, I'll be able to maintain those visitors with tasty recipes and intriguing menu plans...

but not today.

In fact, I have something to confess: even though I have (intermittently) posted menu plans, I have not followed them, even a little. I hope you don't think less of me, but I have a good reason: I have been sick. Progesterone poisoning. Because I am carrying a baby.

Yep, a baby!

I've been posting plans to keep up the ruse--we're usually cautious not to share our news too much within the first trimester (both of our mothers had multiple miscarriages, so I've always been a bit fearful), so all of the pretending that I was cooking a lot was intended to throw you off the scent. Ellen's comment on one of the menu posts ("No chicken?") was a wink-wink sort of comment, since she knew the good news, and also knew that because of my "morning" sickness (a misnomer if ever there was one) I have been completely unable to cook any chicken, or pork, or any meat except beef, if I was able to cook at all. I am now wrapping up my first trimester and all of the sickness and fatigue that entails, and things should begin looking up in the kitchen! In fact, I was able to bake some chicken last week, which is a big step in the right direction.

So, faithful reader, thanks for checking back in, and I have a really easy Christmas Morning recipe to share with you tomorrow, so stay tuned! It will become one of your new favorites, I promise!

No comments: